Thursday, April 03, 2025

Ice Cube Secures Deal for New Friday Movie


Last year rapper Ice Cube announced that a new "Friday" sequel was on the way [click here if you missed that]. 

Now it's official...

From Variety
Ice Cube has reached a deal to write and star in a new “Friday” movie for Warner Bros. and New Line Cinema. The new feature, which is titled “Last Friday,” will mark the fourth entry in the comedy series — and the first in over 20 years, following up “Friday After Next” in 2002.
New Line president and CCO Richard Brener shared that a deal had been reached with Ice Cube to develop “Last Friday” in an interview with The Hollywood Reporter. Variety has confirmed the news.
Ice Cube has been open about his plans to make another “Friday” movie, though his agreement with Warner to star and direct marks a significant development in the project. In June 2024, the rapper and actor shared that there was “traction” for “Last Friday” at the studio among its co-chief Michael De Luca, speaking with Flavor Flav on his SiriusXM show “Flavor of the Week.” De Luca and Pamela Abdy took over the studio’s film division in 2022.
Ice Cube starred in all three “Friday” entries, “Friday” (1995), “Next Friday” (2000) and “Friday After Next” (2002). He also co-wrote the first entry with DJ Pooh and has solo screenplay credits on the two sequels. All three “Friday” movies were developed by New Line, which was run by De Luca at the time of the original trilogy’s production. Warner Bros. later went on to purchase New Line, giving Warner Bros. control of “Friday” franchise rights.

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good. Now he stop fkn whining

Anonymous said...

Can't wait to see it

Anonymous said...

Never saw the first one and now I'm too old to enjoy ghetto hood hijinks.

Anonymous said...

Debo and Pops are no longer with us unless Chris Tucker coming back he can forget it

Anonymous said...

I’m not watching nothing Cube produce anymore. Bye

Anonymous said...

Please don't. Everyone that was actually funny in the first one is either deceased or moved on to another career. The house where they filmed the first two has too much foot traffic and hoodrats hanging around. I grew up on that street and way before the current owners moved in, us kids used to play in the street without wondering if we're going to get hit by a speeding car. Cube grew up around the same time about five minutes away but never films scenes in his old hood.

Anonymous said...

You know what? Several actors in the first one are deceased. Anthony, Bernie, John, Tiny-that's crazy! Can't wait to see it though.

Anonymous said...

Everything is stale now...how in these wicked times with hard press people folding under pressure is he gonna make a mark?? Cube is not a comedian and new people is going to throw it off.

Jessie said...

I'll watch on a torrent site; Fck O'shea...

Anonymous said...

Chris Tucker required or else it’s a no for me

Post a Comment

Commenting Rules: Please watch your language. Disguise curse words if you must use them and do not threaten or attack other commenters.

Comments violating the rules will be deleted.